Pest Control: Frequently Asked Questions
If you can't find the info you need, just call us on 0800 737 872.
The experts at Pest Control Specialists welcome your call!
1. What do I need to do to prepare for Pest Control treatment?
We do ask customers to make some basic preparations to ensure your safety and to assist with the treatment process:
- Put away or cover all food and clean dishes.
- Put away towels, toothbrushes and toilet paper.
- Put away any precious items that may be knocked over.
- Cover or put away pet food and water bowls.
- Cover fish tanks and turn off the filter.
- Cover or put away all pillows.
Additional requirements for spider treatments:
- Do not remove webs.
Additional requirements for flea treatments:
- Remove any small items from the floor and underneath beds.
- Vacuum carpets throughly. Seal and discard the contents of the vacuum bag in the rubbish.
2. How long do I have to be away from the house?
- For internal treatments you will only need to vacate the house for 3 hours.
- For external treatments you are able to stay at home if you remain inside and close all doors and windows.
3. Do I have to do anything when I return?
- Open up doors and windows and remain outside for 15 mins while residual odours air out.
- Wipe down any food preparation surfaces before use.
- For spider treatments, leave spider webs in place for 7 days before removing.
- For flea treatments, do not vacuum for 2-3 days.
4. Are treatments safe for pregnancy/children/babies and pets?
- All treatments are a based on synthetic pyrethroids (which are based on natural pyrethrums). The products we use have been proven safe in sensitive situations over a number of decades. All treatments are professionally applied.
5. Is there one treatment that will take care of all pests?
- No. Treatments are most effective if they are tailored to the type of pest. If you're looking for a general preventative maintenance treatment we recommend a fly, spider and Gisborne cockroach treatment.
"If you're looking for a general preventative maintenance treatment we recommend a fly, spider and Gisborne cockroach treatment"
Did You Know?
For internal treatments you will only need to vacate the house for 3 hours